What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Church open out of hours
- Guidebooks available
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
- Traditional Catholic, Modern Liturgy
About Higham: St John Evangelist, Higham
Whether Higham: St John Evangelist, Higham is your favoured parish church or if you have another legally-recognised connection with it, we'd be honoured to chat about your wedding day plans. To find out more about connections that enable you to marry in a specific church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose to marry in a church for all sorts of reasons. Drop us a line today to find out more.
Find Out More About Marrying in Church
Embarking on the journey of marriage is an important step in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Church venues offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you're worried that you may not qualify for a church wedding, then we can help assuage your fears. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.