What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Accessible parking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Church open out of hours
- Guidebooks available
- Hall for hire
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
About King Charles the Martyr, Potters Bar
Perhaps King Charles the Martyr, Potters Bar is your favoured parish church or if you have another connection with it as recognised by the church, we'd love to discuss your wedding day plans. To find out more about qualifying connections that enable you to marry in a particular church,simply send us an enquiry and we'll be able to help.people choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons, and we want to hear yours.
Find Out More About a religious ceremony
Getting married is the most important ceremony of your life. There are some things about a religious ceremony that make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- Even if you're not hugely religious, having your wedding in a church can add an extra spiritual dimension to this important ceremony.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, can feel more meaningful when made in the eyes of God.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- If you've had family weddings in a local church, you can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.