About St Lawrence, Alton
Whether St Lawrence, Alton is your nearest parish church and you want to marry here, we'd love to hear from you to talk about your plans for your celebration. To find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a particular church,simply send us an enquiry and we'll be able to help.Couples choose a church wedding for plenty of different reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
Your church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, can feel more meaningful when made in the eyes of God.
- Your Vicar can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. The situation may be more complex if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.