What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Church open out of hours
- Hall for hire
- Child focused teaching
- Affirming Catholic
About All Saints, Alton
Perhaps All Saints, Alton is your nearest parish church and you want to marry here, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your plans for your celebration. To find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a specific church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. No matter your reasons for marrying in the church, we want to help you achieve your dream wedding.
Your church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, can feel more meaningful when made in the eyes of God.
- The Vicar will help you to create a personalised ceremony for your special day, and can advise you on your upcoming marriage.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be a regular church-goer to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.