What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Accessible parking
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Church open out of hours
- Hall for hire
About St. Philip's Church, Gorton
Perhaps St. Philip's Church, Gorton is your favoured parish church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd be honoured to discuss your wedding day plans. We can help answer your questions, even if you're not sure if you qualify for a church ceremony. Couples choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Drop us a line today to find out more.
Find Out More About a religious ceremony
Marrying your partner is the most important ceremony of your life. There are some things about a religious ceremony that add an extra layer of meaning to your wedding day:
- God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
If you're not sure if you qualify for a church wedding or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.