About St Lawrence, Weston-sub-Edge
St Lawrence, Weston-sub-Edge is a beautiful church for your wedding. Is it your closest church or do you have another qualifying connection with it? We would love to hear all about your wedding and why this church is important to you. For more information about the connections that mean you can get married in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Get in touch.
Getting married is a major life event with the person that you want to be with forever. There are several reasons why a religious ceremony can exchanging your vows extra special:
- God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs. This spiritual element is unique to a church, so if this is important to you then please send us an enquiry.
- You can make powerful vows, or promises, in a church. Firstly because of the aforementioned spiritual element, and also because they are made in the presence of others. They will help you to develop as a couple and have a long and happy marriage.
- The Vicar can blend traditions and modern experience to reflect your story and your relationship journey. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Many of the country's churches offer breathtaking beauty and traditional features. Old or new, small or large, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most picture-perfect wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer years of history and subsequently hundreds of stories. You can feel as though you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You can be involved in the decisions that are made about decoration and scheduling. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaning and tradition.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. The situation may be more complex if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.