What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Church open out of hours
- Guidebooks available
- Live music
- Child focused teaching
- Modern Catholic
About Wivenhoe: St Mary the Virgin, Wivenhoe
Whether Wivenhoe: St Mary the Virgin, Wivenhoe is your family church and you want to marry here, get in touch to chat about your upcoming marriage. To find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. people choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons, and we're here to help you decide on your perfect ceremony.
Your church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- If you've had family weddings in a local church, you can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.
Advice for contacting Churches
Arthur has extensive expertise in identifying idyllic church locations, a crucial element to many weddings. If you are struggling to get in touch with your chosen church, Arthur recommends visiting the church as they will have their most up-to-date contact information.Venues with Churches on-site