About Magdalen Laver: St Mary Magdalen, Magdalen Laver
Whether Magdalen Laver: St Mary Magdalen, Magdalen Laver is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your intentionsfor marriage. There are connections that enable you to marry in your chosen church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a religious setting for all sorts of reasons, and we're here to help you decide on your perfect ceremony.
Reasons to choose a church wedding
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- There is a historical element to holding your celebration in a church, where thousands of couples before you have made their promises.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. The situation may be more complex if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.