What Our Couples Love
- Bell ringing
- Guidebooks available
- Live music
About Yealm & Erme Mission Community, Holy Cross, Newton Ferrers
Perhaps Yealm & Erme Mission Community, Holy Cross, Newton Ferrers is your nearest parish church or if you have another legally-recognised connection with it, get in touch to chat about your upcoming your wedding day. To find out if you are able to marry in a particular church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. people choose a religious setting for all sorts of reasons. Perhaps you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
Special Day, Special Place
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are several reasons why a religious ceremony can make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- There is an undeniable spritual aspect to saying your vows in the eyes of God, which many couples appreciate.
- Many couples feel that their wedding vows are stronger as they've been performed in a sacred space.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.