What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Bell ringing
- Church open out of hours
- Live music
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
About St Swithun, Sandford
Whether St Swithun, Sandford is your family church and you want to marry here, get in touch to discuss your upcoming marriage. To find out more about connections that qualify you to marry in a particular church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. people choose to marry in a church for all sorts of reasons, and we want to hear yours.
Your church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Many couples feel that their wedding vows are stronger as they've been performed in a sacred space.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
If you're not sure if you qualify for a church wedding or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.