What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
About St. Peter and St. Paul, Uplyme
Whether St. Peter and St. Paul, Uplyme is your family church and you want to marry here, get in touch to chat about your upcoming marriage. To find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a specific church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. No matter your reasons for marrying in the church, we want to help you achieve your dream wedding.
Your church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that add an extra layer of meaning to your wedding day:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Church venues offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.