What Our Couples Love
- Church open out of hours
About St Matthew, Landscove
Perhaps St Matthew, Landscove is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to chat about your plans for marriage. To find out more about connections that qualify you to marry in your chosen church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose to marry in a church for plenty of different reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
Your church wedding
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- God’s blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- There is a historical element to holding your celebration in a church, where thousands of couples before you have made their promises.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.