What Our Couples Love
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Braile hymnbooks or servicebook
About St Mary Magdalene, Croyde
Whether St Mary Magdalene, Croyde is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love for you to get in touch to chat about your plans for marriage. To find out more about connections that qualify you to marry in your chosen church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a church wedding for plenty of different reasons, and we're here to help you decide on your perfect ceremony.
Your church wedding
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- Having a spiritual blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- There is a historical element to holding your celebration in a church, where thousands of couples before you have made their promises.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you're not sure if you qualify for a church wedding or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.
Advice for contacting Churches
Arthur has extensive expertise in identifying idyllic church locations, a crucial element to many weddings. If you are struggling to get in touch with your chosen church, Arthur recommends visiting the church as they will have their most up-to-date contact information.Venues with Churches on-site