About St Mary, Dartington
Whether St Mary, Dartington is your family church or if you have another strong bond with it, we'd love for you to get in touch to talk about your plans for marriage. To find out more about connections that enable you to marry in your chosen church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. Couples choose a religious setting for plenty of different reasons. Whether you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
Reasons to choose a church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are several reasons why marrying in church can make that big moment extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Many of the country's churches offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you're not sure if you qualify for a church wedding or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.