What Our Couples Love
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Guidebooks available
- Live music
About St John the Baptist, Holcombe Burnell
Whether St John the Baptist, Holcombe Burnell is your family church and you want to marry here, we'd love for you to get in touch to discuss your upcoming marriage. To find out more about connections that qualify you to marry in a specific church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose to marry in a church for plenty of different reasons. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you.
Your church wedding
Getting married is an important step in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Many of the country's churches offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.
Advice for contacting Churches
Arthur has extensive expertise in identifying idyllic church locations, a crucial element to many weddings. If you are struggling to get in touch with your chosen church, Arthur recommends visiting the church as they will have their most up-to-date contact information.Venues with Churches on-site