What Our Couples Love
- Bell ringing
- Guidebooks available
About St Clement, Bishop & Martyr, Powderham
Whether St Clement, Bishop & Martyr, Powderham is your family church and you want to marry here, we'd love for you to get in touch to talk about your intentionsfor marriage. To find out more about connections that qualify you to marry in your chosen church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. No matter your reasons for marrying in the church, we want to help you achieve your dream wedding.
Your church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Church venues offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.