What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Induction hearing loop
- Wheelchair accessible
- Guidebooks available
- Groups or activities for young people
About St Andrew, Aveton Gifford
Whether St Andrew, Aveton Gifford is your family church and you'd like to marry here, we'd love for you to get in touch to talk about your intentionsfor your wedding day. For more information about connections that enable you to marry in your chosen church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. Couples choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Whether you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
More Than A Wedding Venue
Getting married is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are several reasons why a religious ceremony can make that big moment extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Many couples feel that their wedding vows are stronger as they've been performed in a sacred space.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Church venues offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.