About St Andrew, Ashburton
Whether St Andrew, Ashburton is your family church and you want to marry here, we'd love for you to get in touch to talk about your intentionsfor marriage. To find out more about connections that qualify you to marry in your chosen church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. No matter your reasons for marrying in the church, we want to help you achieve your dream wedding.
Your church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar will help you to create a personalised ceremony for your special day, and can advise you on your upcoming marriage.
- Church venues offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. The situation may be more complex if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.