What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Bell ringing
- Church open out of hours
- Guidebooks available
- Live music
- Gift shop
- Child focused teaching
- Guided tours
- Modern Catholic
About Cathedral Church of St Peter, Exeter
Whether Cathedral Church of St Peter, Exeter is your nearest parish church and you want to marry here, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your upcoming your wedding day. To find out more about connections that qualify you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. people choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons, and we're here to help you decide on your perfect ceremony.
Your church wedding
There are some things about a religious ceremony that make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Your Vicar can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be a regular church-goer to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.
Advice for contacting Churches
Arthur has extensive expertise in identifying idyllic church locations, a crucial element to many weddings. If you are struggling to get in touch with your chosen church, Arthur recommends visiting the church as they will have their most up-to-date contact information.Venues with Churches on-site