What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Church open out of hours
- Hall for hire
- Live music
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
About St Michael, Breaston
If St Michael, Breaston is your closest church and you want to marry here, get in touch to chat about your upcoming marriage. Find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a particular church of your choice, or should you have questions, all you need to do is contact us to discuss further. People choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons, and we're here to help you decide on your dream ceremony.
Your church wedding
Getting married is a significant event that will take place in your life. There are some things about marrying in church that make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- A church wedding will provide you with a sentimental and spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is an important contributing factor for many couples.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together as a newly married couple.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your love story. The relationship with the Vicar will make your wedding a unique event to you, which can be very powerful and meaningful.
- Church buildings offer outstanding beauty. No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with many being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of rich history. You feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives before you.
- You can make choices about your ceremony. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get started with the planning process. Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married previously, or if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply contact to learn more.