What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Autism aware
- Wheelchair accessible
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
- Central to modern Catholic
About St Mary the Virgin, Buxton
Perhaps St Mary the Virgin, Buxton is your family church and you want to marry here, we'd love for you to get in touch to discuss your upcoming marriage. To find out more about connections that qualify you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. people choose a church wedding for plenty of different reasons. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you.
Your church wedding
There are many reasons to choose a church for your wedding day. Here are just a few...
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Many of the country's churches offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.
Advice for contacting Churches
Arthur has extensive expertise in identifying idyllic church locations, a crucial element to many weddings. If you are struggling to get in touch with your chosen church, Arthur recommends visiting the church as they will have their most up-to-date contact information.Venues with Churches on-site