About St Anne, Derby
Whether St Anne, Derby is your nearest parish church or if you have another strong bond with it, we'd love to hear from you to talk about your intentionsfor marriage. To find out more about connections that enable you to marry in your chosen church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. Couples choose a religious setting for all sorts of reasons. Whether you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
Reasons to choose Getting married in a church
Getting married is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are several reasons why marrying in church can make that big moment extra special:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Many couples feel that their wedding vows are stronger as they've been performed in a sacred space.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Church buildings offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.