What Our Couples Love
About Widemouth Bay: Our Lady & St Anne, Widemouth Bay
Whether Widemouth Bay: Our Lady & St Anne, Widemouth Bay is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd be honoured for you to get in touch to discuss your plans for your wedding day. For more information about connections that enable you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Whether you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are several reasons why a religious ceremony can add an extra layer of meaning to your wedding day:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Church venues offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you're not sure if you qualify for Getting married in a church or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.