About St Mewan: St Mewan, St Mewan
Perhaps St Mewan: St Mewan, St Mewan is your your chosen church and you have a strong connection with it, get in touch to talk about your plans for your celebration. For more information about qualifying connections that enable you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose to marry in a church for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
Say 'I Do' To Getting married in a church
Getting married is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, can feel more meaningful when made in the eyes of God.
- The Vicar will help you to create a personalised ceremony for your special day, and can advise you on your upcoming marriage.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. The situation may be more complex if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.