What Our Couples Love
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Accessible parking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Guidebooks available
About Morwenstow: St Morwenna and St John the Baptist, Morwenstow
Perhaps Morwenstow: St Morwenna and St John the Baptist, Morwenstow is your nearest church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love for you to get in touch to chat about your intentionsfor your celebration. To find out more about qualifying connections that enable you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a religious setting for all sorts of reasons. Perhaps you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
Reasons to choose a church wedding
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are several reasons why marrying in church can make that big moment extra special:
- God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, can feel more meaningful when made in the eyes of God.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Church venues offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.