About Millbrook: All Saints, Millbrook
Perhaps Millbrook: All Saints, Millbrook is your favoured parish church or if you have another strong bond with it, we'd be honoured to discuss your wedding day plans. To find out more about connections that enable you to marry in a specific church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you.
Find Out More About Marrying in Church
Embarking on the journey of marriage is the most important ceremony of your life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar will help you to create a personalised ceremony for your special day, and can advise you on your upcoming marriage.
- Church buildings offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- If you've had family weddings in a local church, you can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.