What Brides Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Guidebooks available
- Live music
About St Peter, Prestbury
Whether St Peter, Prestbury is your your chosen church and you have a strong connection with it, get in touch to chat about your upcoming marriage. For more information about associations that enable you to marry in a particular church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. people choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons, and we want to hear yours.
There are many reasons to choose a church for your wedding day. Here are just a few...
- There is an undeniable spritual aspect to saying your vows in the eyes of God, which many couples appreciate.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Church venues offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.