What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Accessible parking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child focused teaching
About St Mary, Halton
Whether St Mary, Halton is your your chosen church and you have a strong connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your upcoming your wedding day. To find out if you are able to marry in a specific church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. Couples choose a religious setting for plenty of different reasons. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you.
Special Day, Special Place
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you'll take in life. There are some things about a religious ceremony that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Many of the country's churches offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.