What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Accessible parking
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Autism aware
- Wheelchair accessible
- Guidebooks available
- Live music
- Gift shop
About Queens' College Chapel, Cambridge
Whether you are planning a religious setting and have an association with Queens' College Chapel, Cambridge in Cambridgeshire, we look forward to hearing from you. Changes in the marriage laws mean that you can now get married in a church of your choice as long as you have a suitable link to that church.
A Beautiful Setting For Your Big Day
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you'll take in life. There are several reasons why marrying in church can make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
Marrying in church has never been easier, and if you have a connection to this church we look forward to hearing from you. You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church, however if we are not your local parish church there does need to be a strong connection for you to get married here. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.