What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Accessible telephone
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Bell ringing
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
About St Saviour's Church , Bath
Whether St Saviour's Church , Bath is your nearest parish church and you want to marry here, get in touch to discuss your upcoming marriage. To find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a specific church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
Your church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that add an extra layer of meaning to your wedding day:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.