What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Guidebooks available
- Live music
- Child focused teaching
About St Michael & All Angels, Somerton
Whether St Michael & All Angels, Somerton is your family church and you want to marry here, get in touch to discuss your upcoming marriage. To find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. people choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons, and we're here to help you decide on your perfect ceremony.
Your church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- If you've had family weddings in a local church, you can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
If you're not sure if you qualify for a church wedding or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.
Advice for contacting Churches
Arthur has extensive expertise in identifying idyllic church locations, a crucial element to many weddings. If you are struggling to get in touch with your chosen church, Arthur recommends visiting the church as they will have their most up-to-date contact information.Venues with Churches on-site