What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Accessible parking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Church open out of hours
- Hall for hire
- Live music
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
- Ecumenical/Open Evangelical
About St Chad's, Patchway
Whether St Chad's, Patchway is your family church and you want to marry here, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your upcoming marriage. To find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a specific church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. No matter your reasons for marrying in the church, we want to help you achieve your dream wedding.
Your church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.