What Our Couples Love
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Accessible parking
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Church open out of hours
- Hall for hire
- Live music
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
About All Saints, Merriott
Perhaps All Saints, Merriott is your family church and you want to marry here, we'd love to hear from you to chat about your upcoming your wedding day and ceremony. To find out more about connections that qualify you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. people choose to marry in a church for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
Your church wedding
There are many reasons to choose a church for your wedding day. Here are just a few...
- God’s blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- If you've had family weddings in a local church, you can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be a regular church-goer to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.