Be Part of Wedding Fair Live
We’d like you to join us for Wedding Fair Live on Facebook.
Since the UK went into Lockdown in March 2020, we have been hosting a weekly Live wedding fair on our Facebook page. Now lockdown has been lifted, we are continuing this event while wedding fairs aren’t taking place. This gives venues and suppliers the opportunity to meet couples.
We will be hosting a weekly Wedding Fair Live weekly on the Guides for Brides Facebook Page. Our page reaches thousands of couples on a daily basis. So, this is a great opportunity for your business to be seen and to reach potential clients.
At this event, wedding businesses like you will have a 15, 30, 45-minute slot to go Live on our Facebook page. Here you can promote your business, give couples wedding planning advice, discuss trends and answer their questions, all Live!
When will it happen?
We’ll be starting from 11am every Sunday. We often have special events where we focus on one area of the industry, we also host events where all wedding businesses will be eligible to take part. This is a free of charge option.
If you’ve never done a Facebook Live video before…
We have now introduced a premium option. This option is perfect for those who aren’t familiar with Facebook Live and are wanting Guides for Brides to help them through the process. This option is charged at £45 (+VAT), it includes:
- Zoom training session with one of our marketing specialists where you will learn the how-tos and some top tips
- Access to our private practising page on Facebook
- Feedback on a run-through video
- An additional marketing boost for your video.
How can I get involved?
You can apply for our July events here or email email@example.com to register interest for a premium event or slot. Once a month, we will send our database a sign-up form asking when you are free and your live experience. Priority will be given to our advertisers, those that already interact with us on social media and those our couples really want to hear about!
What should I talk about?
The audience will want to know who you are, a bit about your business and the sort of weddings you do, so that they know how relevant you are to their wedding. However, they will tune out if it is obvious self-promotion.
It is far more effective to speak as an expert on anything related to your business sector. They’ll be genuinely interested, will want to know more and will naturally want to book someone that they trust.
Remember, there will be a national audience so make it relevant to all if you can.
Here are some examples:
- Discuss the incorporation of in-season, British flowers within a bouquet and give couples ideas for their wedding flowers depending on the time of year.
- Talk about why couples should choose to have a destination wedding.
- Discuss the benefits of choosing a marquee wedding venue.
- Discuss how couples can include their uninvited guests if they have had to reduce numbers.
As well as introducing yourself at the start of the slot, remember to give the audience your web address and other relevant contact details at the end of your slot. Perhaps you have a special offer you’d like to give those attending Wedding Fair Live if they choose to book you as their supplier after watching your feature.
Be creative! The more interesting or relevant your topic is, the more likely you will be selected to feature in Wedding Fair Live.
Some weeks we will have a particular focus such as a Venue Showcase or a Photographer’s Week. On other weeks it is more like a Wedding Fair with a mix of different businesses.
How will it work?
You will be given a specific time to go Live on the Guides for Brides Facebook page so you can let your clients know.
You will be given editor access to the Guides for Brides Facebook page the afternoon before your slot.
You’ll log on to the Guides for Brides Facebook page just before you are due to go Live, add a description and go Live!
If you need guidance on using Facebook Live read our tips.
Prior to the event, your business will receive promotion on Guides for Brides’ social channels.
Our Facebook Live Code of Practice
- You must not post anything else to the Guides for Brides Facebook page while you have access.
- You must stick to your scheduled slot, it’s fine to end early but please be ready to start on time and don’t over-run.
- All discussions must be family friendly, sensitive and inclusive.
- Be kind and supportive of other wedding businesses.
Find out what advice you could be giving your couples whose weddings have been affected by Coronavirus.