PHP Web Developer
Guides for Brides is the UK’s longest established wedding planning website and we have an exciting opportunity for a web developer to join our small in-house team. You will be coding and implementing web-based projects using your in-depth knowledge of PHP. You will be involved with all aspects of website development from new functionality to integration testing, maintenance and upgrades.
As a PHP developer, you should also have:
- HTML / XSLT / CSS / SASS skills as well as GitHub
- MySQL skills
- A good eye for user experience design
- An understanding of Agile approaches and an appreciation of software testing procedures
- Knowledge of Bootstrap, WordPress, LAMP stack and current SEO techniques will be useful
- Ability to develop code within company standards and guidelines.
As we are a small team you will need to work with our senior developer using your problem solving skills to find creative solutions. You will need to be adaptable and be able to cope with some ambiguity as well as changing and evolving priorities.
Personal characteristics required:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Aware of the business implications of design
- Ability to communicate well with non-technical team members
- Collaborative working style with the desire to share ideas
- Be flexible and proficient
- Attention to detail and reliable.
Note: You must be eligible to work in the UK and live locally to the office in Wantage.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and a brief covering note to: firstname.lastname@example.org.