Live Streaming for Weddings
The government are encouraging remote participation of weddings to ensure that are self isolating don’t attend. A good remote participation platform also ensures that those who are aged over 70, or are shielding or vulnerable have a choice in whether to attend in person and helps them feel involved.
We have developed our live streaming platform specifically with the needs of venues, wedding planners and couples in mind. It provides a fantastic solution while so few guests can attend the reception and only two households can enjoy a meal together afterwards.
All you need is a wifi connection, a mobile phone, someone who can start to live stream on a laptop or computer, and a link from us.
How does it work?
If you are familiar to Zoom you’ll find it very easy; you just need to connect though one of our accounts to have the Live Streaming option enabled so others can watch without joining the zoom.
- Call or email the office the week before the event. We will send you a link for one off use or assign a licence if you are a venue or planner.
- Give the link and password to anyone to the person that will film the ceremony (using a phone, tablet or laptop) and anyone that you want to be part of your broadcast. You can have more than one person filming simultaneously to catch guest reactions or a different angle and can even have people joining from home so views can see their reactions.
- Invite all other guests, family and friends to go to your Facebook page or YouTube channel at the time you will be going live. If they “like” your page they should get an alert.
- The host should be logged in to the Facebook or YouTube account you would like to broadcast to.
- Start the zoom meeting in the usual way and press the “more” option (or 3 dots) in the bottom right corner of the screen when you are ready to go live.
- Select Facebook or YouTube, wait a few seconds and everyone will be able to watch from home.
You can start and stop the broadcast as often as you like, for example to talk to everyone before the ceremony, to show the ceremony and then to do the speeches and the cake cutting. You can save the videos to Facebook or YouTube and we keep a secure back up too.
What does is cost?
There will be a small charge to use the system of £50 + VAT per month as a venue. This includes unlimited weddings, events or meeting and includes full Zoom professional account access.
Brides, grooms or other users can use the system for £35 incl VAT per event.
We’ll be offering couples the opportunity to share these videos live as “Wedding TV” through Guides for Brides.
How to I book?
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. We have limited licenses available and your session will need to be booked in.