Is your website mobile responsive?
Did you know that brides are using their mobile phones more than their laptops to plan their weddings? We had a look at some interesting stats from our website, revealing which devices brides are using for different parts of the wedding planning process. Recent stats taken from tens of thousands of clicks on our site show some interesting food for thought…
What are the key stats?
- Brides are twice as likely to look for deals on an iPad than a mobile, with twice that number looking on a desktop.
- Real Weddings are viewed more on iPads than phones.
- The huge majority of brides read the blog from a desktop and not a mobile device.
- Twice as many brides use a desktop rather than a mobile when looking for Wedding Fairs.
- More brides use a tablet or phone rather than a desktop to access their planner.
- Brides are using their mobiles to look at your business more info pages.
What do these stats tell us?
Whilst tablets and desktops are the preferred method for inspiration – when it comes to planning the details of their wedding, brides prefer to use their mobile phones!
Therefore, having a mobile responsive website is key for all wedding businesses. However, not all businesses are the same and you may want to see whether your own website users are active on mobile, tablet or desktop. If you want to find out these stats, you can use tracking information from your website. For those that don’t have this, add Google analytics as it is free to use and can provide valuable insights into website visitors.
If the majority of your potential customers are using their mobiles to investigate your website (after clicking through from your more info page on Guides for Brides), then it is definitely worthwhile investing the time and effort into a mobile responsive website.