How do the major Facebook changes affect your business?
Facebook is changing – again. After months of criticism, Mark Zuckerberg has announced that Facebook is significantly changing its algorithms. According to latest statements, Facebook users will start to see ‘a major change to their newsfeed’ and it’s going back to its roots, increasing social interaction between friends and family members. As a user that’s great news, but as a business, not so much. So how will this Facebook change affect your business?
Facebook has confirmed they will be showing less:
- Video content
- Posts with external links out (for example posts with blog posts on your website)
- Posts from business pages
Unfortunately for businesses, this means less visibility on posts and increased visibility for trending news articles and posts which spark conversation and discussion.
Changes to consider:
- Try to share more engaging, quality content. Posts that encourage person-to-person interaction on the social platform will be awarded and ranked highly.
- Increase the use of tools such as Facebook Live and try to encourage users to interact with your business by commenting. Giving people incentives will help with this, for example, discounts or anyone who joins will be entered into a prize draw.
- Focus on the quality of posts and not the quantity.
- Consider paid Facebook ads as part of your marketing strategy. Paid adverts will help increase user engagement.
- Avoid directly asking users to like or share posts, as this behaviour will be penalised.
To receive monthly business advice from industry professionals, sign up to our newsletter by clicking the link here and scrolling to the button!