It is a condition of using this site as a visitor or advertiser that you accept and agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
General terms and conditions.
- Copyright. Guides for Brides Ltd hold intellectual copyright of this database of wedding information. Information taken from the site, including details of companies listed and editorial content cannot be copied without the expressed permission of Guides for Brides Ltd, nor can it be used for any commercial purpose. All images, text and videos on this web site are protected by copyright.
- Availability. Guides for Brides cannot be held responsible for the temporary unavailability of all or parts of the site due to faults or updates. You acknowledge that it is technically impossible to provide the Site free of faults and that we do not undertake to do so; that faults may lead to the temporary unavailability of the Site; and that the operation of the Site may be adversely affected by conditions and performances outside our control, including, without limitation, transmission and telecommunications links between us and you and between us and other systems and networks. We may make changes in the site at any time.
- No Warranty. We make no warranties or representations, whether express or implied, in relation to the Site or the Content, including but not limited to implied warranties or conditions of completeness, accuracy, satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose. Some of the Content is supplied to us (directly and indirectly) by third parties and accordingly we can offer no warranty of whatever nature in relation to such Content.
- Liability. In no event shall we be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from or in any way connected with the Site or your use of or reliance upon the Content or any information you obtain by means of the Site whether based on contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise, even if we or any of our suppliers has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Your statutory rights in relation to any goods or services purchased through the Site are not affected.
- Links to Third-Party Sites This Site may contain hyperlinks to other web sites. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites. You are solely responsible for evaluating any goods or services offered by us or third parties via the Site and that we will not be in any way responsible for any transactions between you and third parties.
- Passwords. We reserve the right to change all or any of the passwords used by you in connection with the site, and to suspend your access to the site without further notice to yourself. Password reminders can only be sent to the email address specified on the account.
- Personal Information Policy. Opting into the Guides for Brides community means that you are agreeing to receive free regular planner updates, our bridal Newsletter and information on competitions and offers. In your planner account settings, you can opt in/out of our newsletter as well as marketing from third parties. You can also change your email preferences to control how often you here from us. If you do not wish to receive anything from us or wish to delete your account with us, please notify us by email to email@example.com.
- Data Protection This site is governed under the Data Protection Act 1986.
- Services booked We take no responsibility for any services or businesses that are booked via our site.
- General These terms shall be governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Each of the Clauses of these terms shall be construed separately and independently of each other and the invalidity of any one part shall not affect the validity of any other part
Additional conditions for businesses using this site.
- Advertisers will automatically be charged on a monthly or annual basis unless the contract is cancelled.
- Delivery of Service. We will endeavor to fulfil all orders within 1 business day of the order.
- Prices are subject to change. 30 days notice will be given before any change and you are free to cancel at any time during this notice period. Prices are as shown on the web site, on the day the order is placed. An adjustment will be made if through error the prices published are incorrect.
- Payment is due on the day of placing the order. Payments can be made by Mastercard, Visa, Switch, Delta by the authorised card holder only. If payment is made by BACS or cheque the advert may not be processed until the payment has cleared.
- Minimum Period. Unless stated otherwise adverts are for a minimum period of 12 months. An administration fee of £25 for each advertisement will be payable for shorter contracts.
- Cancellations. Printed advertising – cancellations must be received in writing by either post or email 14 days prior to the guide going to print. 100% of any payments made will be returned unless adverts have already been designed then a 25% design fee will be charged.
Online advertising – cancellations must be received in writing by either post or email 14 days after the advert going live. 100% of any payments made will be returned less any complete days that the advert has been online.
Send cancellation requests to: Guides for Brides Ltd, Larkhill Farm, Wantage, OX12 8PJ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email requests will be acknowledged by return during business hours only (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm).
All online subscription payments should be cancelled via Worldpay using the log in details you will have received by email.
- Refunds, where applicable, will be made within 7 days.
- Security. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the security of your card details, Guides for Brides Ltd cannot be held responsible for any breach of security resulting in a misuse of a card, nor any costs occurring as a result. Please call our office to arrange BACS payment or to make payment by phone if you prefer not to enter your details online.
- Advert position. Guides for Brides Ltd reserve the right to adjust the order in which adverts are displayed, the design of the adverts and the design of the pages on which they are displayed.
- Removal. Guides for Brides Ltd reserve the right to remove any wording, images or business details that we consider inappropriate for the website for any reason and at our own discretion.
- Ownership. Any wording, videos or images must be original content owned by the business posting it. Guides for Brides reserve the right to re-post this content within the site and reserve the right to alter tags on images added to the image search facility.
- Copyright watermarks. Any images showing a copyright watermark from a company other than that posting it will be removed without notice.
- Third Parties. Guides for Brides Ltd are not a party to or in any way responsible for transactions between you and third parties.
- Reviews. Any reviews that we suspect are not from or posted on behalf of a bona fide client will be suspended until we can verify authenticity.
- Removal of reviews. You have the right to ask us remove the review facility from your account but not to remove individual reviews.
- Special offers. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to include their own terms and conditions on any special offer posted and to fulfil each offer.
- Advertising third parties. Each advert may only represent the company named on the advert. Third party advertising whether through text, photo credits, video advertising or links is not permitted.
Change of Address. You are responsible for updating your advertisement via the password system if you have any changes to your contact details, and ensuring that your web and email links are correct.
- Free Month’s Trial is available to businesses signing up to the monthly subscription for the first time. The contract will continue unless cancelled by the client, with payment taken on the first day of the second month and monthly thereafter.
Guides For Brides (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Guides For Brides of Larkhill Farm, Wantage, Oxfordshire,Ox12 8pj (registration number 3957394).
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.guidesforbrides.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
To speed up your searches.
To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by [post or telephone].
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.