How well is your online advertising working for you?
The only way to know for sure is to track who is visiting your website. This doesn’t need to be costly and we would recommend that you use a tracking system such as Google Analytics. This is a great way to see where your website works and where it doesn’t, as well as what your consumers are looking at.
Google Analytics is a free service and very easy to set up and add to your website although like all means of tracking you do need to be able to add some code to your web site.
- www.google.co.uk/analytics/ Click ‘Sign up’ or if you already have a Google mail account ‘Sign in’.
- Once you have filled in the information required and verified your email address click ‘sign up’.
- Select the option to track a Website, then fill in the website details as requested.
- Click ‘Get tracking ID’.
- On the next page a Tracking ID will be shown and the instruction to add thecode (which appears in the box further down the page) to each page of your website.
- For further information on how to add the code to your website click the ‘Learn more’ link. If you do not have the source code for your web site you will need to refer this to your web administrator.
Once you have set up Google Analytics on your website you will be able to track where your traffic is coming from, the number of visitors you have, how long they stay on your site and much, much more!