20 years of Guides for Brides
- First wedding directory produced in Oxfordshire – 2000 copies printed in black and white.
- First wedding fair with 40 brides attending.
- Three wedding directories now being produced.
- Two part time staff employed.
- Four wedding directories now being produced.
- Website domain name first registered.
1999 – 2005
- Seven wedding directories are being published by 2005.
- www.guidesforbrides.co.uk goes from strength to strength.
- The business employs 10 people.
- The Pink Guide was launched for same sex couples.
- A series of networking events were held in the South of England to educate businesses about the gay wedding market.
- Major re-design of the website.
- Guides for Brides Wedding Directory App was created, which was one of the first ever launched.
- The Pink Guide was merged with guidesforbrides.co.uk.
- Nine wedding directories now being produced.
- 12 members of staff are now employed.
- Our very successful free Wedding Planner App is launched.
- Sponsorship of TWIA and Wedding Ideas Awards began.
- 16 staff now employed.
- Our own 5* Customer Service awards were launched.
- Venus Oxfordshire Business Awards ‘Business of the Year’, finalist for ‘Digital and new media’ and Venus National ‘Business of the Year’ finalist.
- New logo and re-design of the website.
- We held the first ever UK Wedding Conference in February.
Guides for Brides have been identified over the last few years as a company capable of strong growth following the implementation of changes to our brand and marketing.