Wedding Suits: To Hire or to Buy?
For some grooms, their wedding day is one of the rare occasions that they put on a formal suit, and hiring makes perfect sense. For others, every time they hire, they kick themselves that they didn’t buy the first time they needed a suit as they would have recouped their money by now.
Photo credit: Pinterest
So, to hire or buy?
- You are getting married in an unusual colour or style suit, such as a frock coat.
- You are not currently at your normal weight or build – for example if you have spent hours in the gym recently.
- You want the convenience of knowing the suit will be clean and the shirt well pressed.
- You want to minimise costs in the short term.
- You have 2 or more occasions where you know you will wear the suit.
- You are the first of your peer group to get married – whether it is a morning suit or a DJ, if your friends are likely to have a similar tone to their weddings, that suit will come out again and again.
- You are considering a DJ rather than morning suit for your wedding as the initial cost is lower and the opportunities to wear it again are higher.
- You are a hard-to-fit size. Most suits can be adjusted for a made-to-measure fit, but only if you are buying, not hiring.
- You would like a bespoke suit, perhaps with an unusual coloured lining or buttons.
Photo credit: Pinterest
Depending on the supplier, buying groom suits and wedding suits cost at least 2-3 times the cost of hiring and you will need to factor in the cost of dry-cleaning if you own the suit. Although hiring may be the cheapest option and you don’t have the hassle of dry cleaning, it is important to think about the future – an investment now could save you money long term!
Dobell was launched in 2003 and has worked its way to be an established online formal wear store for men and boys of all ages. Focus is on quality and unbeatable value, alongside style choices, especially wedding outfits for men and the very best customer care. Dobell is a UK based company, with a head office and distribution centre in the South of England.
Find a supplier
- Advice for Brides
- For Businesses
- For the Groom
- Health and Fitness
- Latest Gossip
- Real Weddings
- The Ceremony & Reception
- Wedding Fairs
bride and groom
bride to be
The National Wedding Show
unusual wedding decorations
weddings in the uk