Wedding shoes – 7 things to consider
Picking the right shoes for your wedding is very important, here are some key things to focus on when choosing your wedding shoes.
- Comfort. You will be wearing your shoes all day so they need to be comfortable! Purchasing shoes designed specifically for your wedding day ensures comfort as they will have extra padding.
- Budget. A great way to decide how much to spend on shoes is to work out 10-15% of the value of your dress – that is typically how much you should be spending on your shoes.
- Fabric. Traditionally brides choose silk or satin but as it is your wedding, consider your own personal taste. You don’t have to be traditional!
- Fitting. When you go to have your dress fitted, it is a good idea to bring your shoes. This will ensure that the hem of the dress is at the right length.
- Colour. It is advised that they match your dress but more importantly they should be in your style. Again, you don’t need to be traditional!
- Height. What would you wear normally for a formal event? If you don’t usually wear high heels, it might be a bit tricky to master them for your wedding day! For a bit of height you could wear lower kitten heels or platform heels.
- Be yourself. There are no laws as to what shoes you have to wear on your wedding day. You can always consider a more casual shoe if that matches your personal style, after all your feet will be thanking you after a night of dancing! Read more here.
For more information on wedding shoe styles, read our wedding ideas here.
Find a supplier
- Advice for Brides
- For Businesses
- For the Groom
- Health and Fitness
- Latest Gossip
- Real Weddings
- The Ceremony & Reception
- Wedding Fairs
bride and groom
bride to be
harry and meghan
national wedding show
The National Wedding Show
unusual wedding decorations