The 2014 awards season got off to a glittering start on Friday night. As we are sponsors, Guides for Brides were there to enjoy the entertainment along with the pick of the UK’s wedding businesses, and hand out the award to the winner of the best wedding venue category, the Country House Weddings’ represented venue, Leez Priory in Essex.
The evening at The Tower Hotel, London, started with drinks served by Butlers in the Buff and entertainment from the Brit Tones. After a delicious meal guests were entertained by impressions from Britain’s Got Talent’s Francine Lewis before the following awards were presented.
- Best Wedding Stationery – Sarah Wants
- Best UK Wedding Venue – Leez Priory
- Best Honeymoon / wedding Abroad Provider – Sandals
- Best Photographer – Sarah Legge
- Best Gift List Service – Prezola
- Best Special Touches – Wedding in a Teacup
- Best Entertainment – Rock my Reception
- Best Hen and Stag Provider – UK Girl Thing
- Best Bridal Accessories – Flo & Percy
- Best Bridal Shoes – Rainbow Club
- Best Bridal Retailer – Isabella Grace
- Best Groomswear Collection – Cameron Ross
- Best Bridesmaids Collection – Twobirds
- Best Plus-Size Dress Collection – Julietta by Mori Lee
- Best Dress Manufacturer – Justin Alexander
- Best Dress Designer – Charlotte Balbier
Special Recognition Awards were presented to Bridal Buyer Magazine’s Susi Rogal and to Lucy Ledger who has helped and supported many new stationery companies, including this year’s category winner, through her training scheme “The Paper Girls”.