Your Wedding Handbag
After spending hours perfecting your table plan, many brides forget to plan and prepare a wedding handbag. If you don’t want the hassle of a handbag on the most important day of your life, then the first step is to inform your maid of honour or chief bridesmaid that you are promoting them to chief handbag carrier. Now, the question remains – what should you pack?
We recently asked real brides what they packed for their big day and here are the top 10 suggestions for the perfect handbag contents…
1. “Touch up” make up – This will vary between brides depending on what make up you wear. The most popular handbag options are lipstick, concealer and foundation powder. You can easily touch up your face with these items to revamp your look in just a few minutes.
2. Tissues – For those emotional moments. Whether it be at the altar or evening reception after some bubbly, make sure you are tissue ready.
3. Mints – To freshen your breath. You’ll probably be receiving quite a few kisses on your wedding day!
4. Perfume – Keep yourself smelling sweet with your favourite wedding day fragrance. Buy a small handbag sized perfume decanter to put in your bag.
5. Deodorant – Whether it be those pre-wedding nerves or reception dance moves, you may find that deodorant is a life saver.
6. Plasters and paracetamol – Make sure you’re blister and headache ready. Walking in heels all day and talking to all those guests may begin to take its toll.
7. Compact mirror – Whether it be lip stick smudging or running mascara, you can give yourself a quick check before those important photo shots.
8. Hair pins – You may have spent two hours that morning getting your hair done, but you will probably find it dropping out as the evening goes on. Keep your hair style looking fresh by pinning back any loose hair.
9. Spare tights – On your big day you’ll want to look pristine. A massive ladder in your tights can be easily sorted with a replacement pair.
10. Flat shoes – After a long day in your heels, kick off those shoes and dance the night away in some light pumps. These may be too big for a handbag but have them on standby at your reception.
- Advice for Brides
- For Businesses
- For the Groom
- Health and Fitness
- Latest Gossip
- Real Weddings
- The Ceremony & Reception
- Wedding Fairs