The Increasing Popularity of The Winter Wedding
The most popular months to get married in the UK are the Summer months of June, July and August. However, recent statistics have shown that there has been a 69% increase in Winter weddings between 2013-2014. But why are people being tempted to tie the knot in the cold winter months?
1. Lower Prices – Prices can be significantly cheaper than Summer, which means that you can indulge in a grand venue, or increase your guest list! So if cost is an issue, then Winter may hold the key to achieving the wedding of your dreams.
57% of people in a recent poll claimed that lower prices was the reason for their Winter season choice.
2. Easy Theme Choice – A festive theme goes hand in hand with the Winter wedding. With the warmth of a burning fire, the twinkle of fairy lights and a kiss beneath the mistletoe, Winter months offer the full package.
3. Coinciding with a Special Occasion – In recent statistics, 21% of people choosing a Winter wedding said that they wanted to coincide with a special occasion (e.g. anniversary). Christmas is a popular time for proposals!
4. No Weather Expectations – You can expect nothing less than grey sky or rain. Expecting the worse means that you can prepare to make the best of these conditions. And if the sun makes an appearance or it snows – then it’s a bonus!
5. Added Magic – Christmas is the most magical time of the year. Having a Winter wedding means that the hype around your wedding can be just as magical as the big day itself.
(*Statistics and poll data : www.VoucherCodesPro.co.uk)
Find a supplier
- Advice for Brides
- For Businesses
- For the Groom
- Health and Fitness
- Latest Gossip
- Real Weddings
- The Ceremony & Reception
- Wedding Fairs
bride and groom
bride to be
national wedding show
The National Wedding Show
unusual wedding decorations
weddings in the uk