So... you're thinking about having a firework display at your wedding?You're not alone. A lot of couples want professional firework displays to celebrate starting their new life together. Here's five thing you ought to consider before booking a firework display however...
- Check that your venue allows fireworks, to avoid disappointment. For more information about what else you should be asking your venue before your wedding day, read our helpful tips here.
- What is your budget? You don't need to spend the earth but good shows cost between £750 and £1500.
- Typically firework displays last for about 7 minutes. Try not to have a display that lasts significantly less or more.
- A firework display site should be approximately 50 metres long and 25 metres wide clear from cars and marquees. Guests should be 50-75 metres away from fireworks. This depends on your wedding venue but these are the typical safety guidelines.
- The most powerful fireworks (category 3) have a noise limit of 120 decibels. There is a Curfew for fireworks between 11pm - 7am so make sure you abide by this to avoid a fine!
Weddings are never complete without someone to serenade the newlyweds and the guests. And that’s what a wedding singer does. These entertainers have become par for all weddings and there are a lot of wedding singers out there plying their trade. This article will hopefully guide you on how to choose the right wedding singer for your big day.
Let’s face it, wedding receptions can be a bit boring sometimes so here are a few ideas to help keep your guests entertained.
- I spy is a great game and not just for the children! It’s a wonderful way to capture extra photos from your wedding, ask your guests to use their cameras to capture the moments that even the photographer missed. Add a line on their `I Spy` cards with an address where your guests can upload the photos.
- Come up with questions for your guests on each of the tables and place a mini booklet and pens so your guests can add their ideas to it. Some good questions to ask are how should we celebrate our first anniversary and what should we name our first child?
- Mad libs are a great dinner table activity as it lets your guests bond together as they ask each other questions. Also, you will have a wonderful time reading the responses after the wedding.
- Who doesn’t love a game of Guess Who? Create personalised boards featuring your wedding guests. You can make a mini set for each table with photographs of the guests on that table which is a superb idea as it helps your guests learn each others names and faces.
- Instead of centrepieces, why not place a different board game on each of the tables; this will keep your guests entertained while helping them to get to know each other better. Also, encourage your guests to swap with other tables throughout the night so there will be endless fun.
Hopefully, these ideas have given you inspiration and will help you to keep your guests entertained the whole night!
Love music, festivals, and live gigs? Then a festival themed wedding is perfect for you, surround yourselves with laughter, love, friends, family and an unhealthy dose of music. Festival themed weddings are a great alternative choice from a normal wedding and are becoming very popular with people who aren’t afraid to be unique! Here are some quirky ideas for those creative couples. First you need to find the perfect venue, look for a festival friendly venue with plenty of space for dancing or how about glamping? Magical glamping offers for you and your guests to spend a night in one of the many luxury tents on offer, they provide tipis in Norfolk, Suffolk and the rest of the UK. Imagine waking up to the smell of fresh air, relaxing all day, enjoying a superb meal on the outdoor barbecue and sipping cocktails while watching the sun set. If you are interested in this then visit http://www.magicalcamping.co.uk/ Read More
As the hit movie, The Great Gatsby has danced its way on to our screens this year, it seems appropriate for everyone to get their Gatsby on, including brides! For a glamourous hen night why not take a Charleston masterclass at Claridges with your friends, this would include being taught the fabulous moves from the twenties by the professional dancers, 'The Bee’s Knees' and when your feet are worn out from doing the bunny hop you can enjoy elegant cocktails like the `Flapper` at the end of the session. Also, to get the full experience of of this glamourous era you and your friends will be able to adorn yourselves with accessories such as sequined headbands, strings of pearls and satin elbow-length gloves to feel like a true Gatsby girl! Read More
Perhaps one of the most wonderful things about getting married in the 21st century is that now, more than ever, it’s the done thing to have your wedding your way. Weddings are increasingly becoming a creative expression of the couple and their interests, so it’s hardly surprising that themed weddings are one the rise. [caption id="attachment_3323" align="aligncenter" width="199"] Might Fine Entertainment[/caption] They key to a successful themed wedding is consistency: the dress, the flowers, the food and yes, the music are all things to consider when creating a certain look or atmosphere.Read More
A good choice is a string quartet which consists of two violins, a viola, a cello and an organist who can play hymns for church ceremonies and also at the wedding breakfast. The advantages of choosing a string quartet to play on your special day is that they are able to play indoors and outdoors, are small enough for conversation to flow easily and their music is sophisticated to create a formal atmosphere. However, remember live musicians must have public liability insurance to cover them if a guest is injured by their equipment and make sure that they have their portable appliance test certificate for any electrical equipment used by the band. [caption id="attachment_3242" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Wigornia String Quartet[/caption]
Your wedding reception party is when everyone can ditch the posh hats, kick off their shoes, and really enjoy themselves. Make your guests feel like celebrities from the moment they arrive with comedy paparazzi at the door, desperate for that 'scoop shot', and first drinks served from 'living tables', complete with costumed host or hostess in the middle! Line the way into your venue with eye-catching ice sculptures, leading to a neon-lit bar with flair bartenders ready to mix up a storm of breath-taking cocktails. [caption id="attachment_3258" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Alive Network - Living tables[/caption] Whether you love to salsa, boogie, jive, hop or just go disco crazy, there's a wedding function band for hire just waiting to play for you!Read More
How about a trip back in time? The Carousel is a ride that has a timeless affection and has been loved by generations of people. Can you imagine the reaction of your guests all galloping round on the carousel! [caption id="attachment_3068" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Twilights Entertainment - carousel[/caption] So not only will this be fun for your younger guests, we are sure that all ages will enjoy a ride on the colourful carved horses.Read More
Possibly the biggest day in your life, you want things to be perfect and choosing live entertainment for your wedding is an important decision. Using an agency can help, maybe you need a little inspiration too? Using an agency makes hiring a wedding band or live wedding entertainment easy by providing hundreds of reviews from previous customers as well as videos of the artists.Read More
Find a supplier
- Advice for Brides
- For Businesses
- For the Groom
- Health and Fitness
- Latest Gossip
- Real Weddings
- The Ceremony & Reception
- Wedding Fairs
bride and groom
bride to be
national wedding show
The National Wedding Show
unusual wedding decorations