- To fuel your muscles while preventing an increase in body fat divide your food into 5 smaller meals a day, they are easier to digest and provide greater increases in fat-free muscle mass.
- Avoid quick-fix foods as fast foods, processed meats and fizzy drinks are chock-a-block with sugar, sat fat and salt… again all energy sappers and they wont satisfy your appetite!
- Drink a glass of water before every meal – it will fill you up, or chew chewing gum until a sweet craving passes, it will only last 10 minutes so hang on in there!
- Avoid supermarkets when your hungry, its dangerous territory and you are more likely to buy processed junk food.
- Avoid sauces and dressings on food, if necessary a small blob of mustard is ok, or olive oil.
Claire Fuller Personal Training
- Exercise 2-3 times a day in small blasts. This keeps your heart rate higher for longer, burning more calories and keeps your metabolism working at an elevated rate – winner!
- When you feel the urge to graze, do some squats (they are the 1 exercise which burns the most energy!).
- Make housework count as a workout! Push yourself slightly faster than usual and get a little sweat on when hovering the stairs.
- Save money and lose weight – don’t pay to park in the town centre, park slightly further out for free and briskly walk in to the shops.
- Remember the more of your body that moves during an exercise – the more efficient the exercise! A standing bicep curl wont get you buns of steel ladies… squat it out!