Fake tan for your wedding day
I have got sensitive skin. Is it safe to use fake tan?
5 tips on overcoming sensitive skin for a golden glow on your wedding day.
- What should I be looking for on the bottle? Tanning lotions that exfoliate or contain Aloe Vera. You will be blessed with the added benefits that your tan will last longer and your skin will be well looked after!
- What ingredients are particularly harmful to sensitive skin? Perfume and alcohol for the most part, however the colouring agent used in most fake tans is Dihydroxacetone (DHA) and this can irritate your skin.
- What do I need to do before experimenting with fake tan? You will need to complete a patch test before using tan – use a small amount of take tan and leave on skin for 24 hours. A patch test will help you understand if the particular brand/colour is the right one for you to continue using. Experiment with fake-tan at least two weeks in advance.
- I forgot to carry out a patch test, what should I do? Wash off the tan straight away and don’t use any cosmetic products containing chemicals for a few days.
- How important is it to exfoliate before using self tan? Consider it vital. Dry skin should be scrubbed at least a day before your treatment.
Find a supplier
- Advice for Brides
- For Businesses
- For the Groom
- Health and Fitness
- Latest Gossip
- Real Weddings
- The Ceremony & Reception
- Wedding Fairs