Have a ‘booth-tiful’ wedding!
The first photobooth was recorded in 1888, by a french inventor. It wasn’t build professionally, nor was it build to be a world wide phenomenon. But regardless of what is was build for, it has recorded tiny fragments of peoples lives, through the last 120 years, which would other wise would have been lost. Now the common photo booth is becoming one of the most popular features of the modern wedding. They create an opportunity for your guests to let their hair down and give you some photography that will really remind you of your wedding.
If you are thinking about having a photo booth at your wedding here are 5 top tips to make it extra special:
1. Beautiful Black and White – black and white photos are more flattering for EVERYBODY and can give your photos a running theme throughout the night. Even if you don’t have them taken in black and white, it is worth considering having them edited. Black and white will give them the timeless edge you are looking for.
2. Be Brave with your printing– even if you are the traditional type, printing every photo off in 6″x4″ is good for archiving your wedding photos, but is not always the best way to display them. Consider creating a checkerboard effect or having them printed in a column as if straight from a photo booth.
3. Make it fancy with fancy dress- add some comedy to your photos by leaving a box of fancy dress items outside the booth. Whether they are angel wings or giant sunglasses- you won’t regret it when you look through the photos!
4. Encourage everybody to have a go- from the youngest flower girls to the oldest great grandad, make sure everybody has a go in the booth! You could display them in a visitors book to remind you of your guests in years to come!
5. Send your guests their photo- with your thank you card, why not enclose their photo from the booth? Not only is it an inexpensive but effective present, but it will be a great memoir of your wedding.
There is now a new type of photography emerging! When we met up with Papzt at the National Wedding Show, we loved their twist on the traditional photo booth- by having a large touchscreen and camera, you can take, edit and upload your photos on the spot!
And if you think that’s cool, wait until you see the brand new groovycamper from Groovybooth – a fully featured groovybooth built into a mini camper van! Great to park alongside a marquee and absolutely perfect for that summer beach wedding.
Find a supplier
- Advice for Brides
- For Businesses
- For the Groom
- Health and Fitness
- Latest Gossip
- Real Weddings
- The Ceremony & Reception
- Wedding Fairs
bride and groom
bride to be
national wedding show
The National Wedding Show
unusual wedding decorations
weddings in the uk